The New Berlin & Winfield was a 3-foot-gauge short line in central Pennsylvania extending from Winfield on the west shore of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River to New Berlin. It opened in 1905, quite late for a narrow-gauge common carrier. NB&W 2-6-0 No. 2, photographed at New Berlin around 1910, went to Argent Lumber Co., and is now at the Midwest Central Railroad in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
Mallory Hope Ferrell collection